Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Introduction: Potato-head

Hi, my name is Karl-toffell. I know that is a mouth full so you can call me Karl or Potato-head. I am a 9 month old (my birthday is Sept 14th and I like presents too), Leopard Mountain Cur Dog. Mom say this means I got a lot of hound in me, and thats why I love to track and sniff things.



I was only just adopted into this family a short time ago, but I feel like I have lived here forever. I love my brother Dill so much that I can't imagine life without him. Mom brought me home and took care of me because I was really sick and the place where I used to live couldn't take care of me anymore.

You see I lived with some really nice people, but they never took me to a vet in my whole life. I didn't realize the fun I was missing. They never got me any shots or worming medicine or anything, and mom said this was why I got a virus called PARVO. Let me tell you Parvo is B.A.D.! I was so sick, I was vomiting and having diarrhea and I couldn't eat or drink anything for days. I had to be on IV fluids and so many medications, it was terrible. Mom told me I was really lucky though because I made it through the virus and I am really healthy today. She told me that some doggies don't make it and the virus takes them away over the Rainbow Bridge. I am glad I didn't go away I really like my new family.



So I just want to tell you all out there how really super duper important it is to have your human mom or dad go and and get you your shots. I know they pinch a little, but its over really quick and if you are good they will give you treats. And my mom says that even if your parents can't afford a full medical check-up at a vet (even though its really important) there are always low cost vaccination clinics in your area. I know all you puppies out there want to stay with your families that love you and not get sick and suffer like I did, so go tell your parents to vaccinate you now.


This is me just chilling in the grass. I love being outside with all the things to smell, but my favorite thing is to be in the house all curled up on my bed with my brother.





No comments:

Post a Comment