Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Some things are itchy and hard to swallow...

It's Dill here, I'm a little groggy from all my  antihistamines I had to take today, but mom says I gotta write about what I did before I go to bed tonight so that I can teach other puppies not to do the same...

Yesterday at work Karl and I had a lot of fun. One of the nice people there gave us a comforter to sleep on and mommy gave us some sticks to play with. We were quite proud of all the work we did playing with them by the end of the day. 



Mom didn't seem quite as happy as we were but she still let us go to Hanover pond to play on the way home. We played in the water and found freshwater clams and tried to chase the ducks. 



We also got to eat some raspberries and Indian strawberries and grass. Mom took some pictures of neat looking plants too. 

Mom saw I got what looked like a bug bite on my leg but it was gone by the time we got home. Since it was late we all went to bed. I felt a little weird during the night and coughed a little, but it was worse this morning when I woke up and I was really really itchy. 

Mom brought me to work as usual but didn't let me stay with my brother, instead she took me to the area where all the sick animals go. By then I was super itchy and one of the nice doctors said I had hives. Mom gave me some little pink and white pills that were covered in yummy stuff and I felt better but really tired, so I slept a lot today while mom worked. 


Everyone was really nice to me and gave me  lots of loving and pets. Mom took me out after I was feeling a bit better and I heard her say that she saw a bug bite on my testicle. I don't know what that is but the next thing I knew she was holding something really cold up (she said it was ice) against my sensitive parts. It felt weird but it helped me not feel itchy there so I didn't mind too much. 

When I woke up again around 4 mom was still working but I really had to potty so I let her know. We went outside but when I tried to poop (I love pooping) something got stuck and I got really worried. I tried really hard but just couldn't poop. Mom got me and calmed me down some and brought me back inside where some of the doctors and techs helped get it out. I was really scared but every talked nice to me through it. 

It was some of the blanket and toy stuffing and stick pieces and grass I ate yesterday. How did that get in my butt???? Mom said I was lucky I didn't need surgery. I'm not sure what surgery is but she didn't sound happy when she said it so I don't think it's something I would like. 

Anyway I'm better now and I'm ready to go to bed. Mom says I should tell other doggies not to eat things like blankets or sticks. To only eat your food. Because if you eat those things they might come out of your butt and get stuck there! Or worse you might need a surgery thingy!


No comments:

Post a Comment